Saturday, September 6, 2008

School Days

When Katelyn was 15 months old, we enrolled her in a Mother's Day Out program for two days a week, so I could catch up on my work during the time she was at "school." Working from home was one of those things that sounded so easy when she was a few weeks old, you know, sleeping all of the time and not moving from the spot where I had placed her. Once she became mobile, though, it became difficult for me to get work done and take care of her at the same time. As I think back on last year, I remember attempting to print applications in my home office, and watching her pull the paper out of the printer and hand it to our dog, Chips, for shredding. (One of those games that Mama doesn't think is as funny as the rest of 'em do!)

Since she is now 2 years old, and with a new sister coming very soon, we decided it'd be great for her to start back this Fall in the same Mother's Day Out program. This week was the beginning of her new school year, and she had a wonderful time. My favorite part is that this year, she can tell me about it afterwards in her own adorable words. When she arrived the first day, many of the other children in her class were crying, so it brought a few tears to even her eyes as well. By the end of the day, though, she was telling me: "Mama...they were crying, saying 'Waaa-Waaa' in my room!" I said, "Awe, did you tell them their mommies were coming back?" She said "Mama's be back! It's Okay!" So, I asked her, "Katelyn, did you cry too?" She replied, (without hesitation), "No Waaaay!" What an independent little girl...I don't know where she gets that from. :)
Here are some pics from her first day.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Precious pics! She really is the cutest! Oh, and our dog LOVES to shred paper, too, especially tissues, toilet paper, and paper towels.